Informative Golf Information
Tag Archives: Tiger Woods
March 31, 2012Posted by on
Many golfers who have actually been on TrackMan absolutely love the training options the unit provides. Unfortunately not every golfer truly understands the importance of practicing with one and how it can improve your golf swing. Being able to gather accurate data concerning the flight of your ball is a essential part of being able to play golf more consistently. The only way to gather that type of information is from using the premier golf swing analysis software available to golfers. TrackMan Golf is the industries best when it comes to club delivery and measuring actual ball fight. Here are a few essential data points collected and necessary information for golfers to understand. Learn these and you can improve your golf scores.
- Being able to accurately determine how far each club actually travels is an essential part of being able to hit the ball closer to the pin or over hazards. Most golfers only know how far the total distance is but not how far the ball carries. Knowing how far the ball carries is more important then knowing how far the ball rolls out. That is because the roll of the golf ball is going to change from course to course based on how soft or hard the conditions are. So knowing that a driver for instance rolls out 275 yards but only carries 250 yards, helps make the decision of not trying to carry a bunker which is 260 yards away not only easy but extremely smart.
- Knowing and ensuring that a golfer has consistent yardage gaps between all their clubs is necessary information. What we don’t want is having a couple of clubs overlap or only have a few yards between them. Having two clubs that basically go the same distance is ineffective in the grand scheme of things.
- TrackMan Golf helps ensure the science behind the ball-flight is maximized. This is especially important in being able to hit the ball not only straight but also the furthest. We as golfers have a specific preference to a manufacture but TrackMan really doesn’t care what manufacture you play. It only provides you data concerning the ball flight. So using a golf swing analysis software like TrackMan Golf can help you not only improve your golf game but improve your golf scores.
- TrackMan Golf measures the most important aspect of the golf swing, the collision between the golf club and golf ball. Precisely knowing this information and gaining a greater understanding of impact, makes improvement not only easier but potentially faster. Just using your eyes to determine the mistake at impact, it virtually impossible because of the speed in which that is happening.
Using TrackMan Golf for improving the way a golfer practices is a valuable asset in building ball control skills. TrackMan Golf tracks the flight of each shot, separates the various clubs being used so that the golfer can review all the data collected. This is a amazing feature when it comes to building skill based on hitting stock shots or working the golf ball at various distances.
- See how good you are in controlling the flight of your golf ball at different distances. You can also see how good you are at hitting specialty shots.
- Compare your game to those golfers throughout the world. This is especially important for those golfers who are serious about taking their game to the next level. Knowing where you stand against other helps you learn exactly what is needed to improve your game. http://trackman.dk/Products/TrackMan-Pro/Combine.aspx
- Competitive junior golfers who are looking to play at elite colleges will learn where they stand by taking the TrackMan combine test. This combine test is something college coaches are looking at when it comes to recruiting. http://trackman.dk/Customers/University-new.aspx
New for the 2012 golf season is being able to rent TrackMan out for your practice sessions. You know can use and improve your game with this game changing technology. For more information on this please visit www.DennisSalesGolf.com
These are only a few features that TrackMan offers. To learn more about the benefits of incorporating TrackMan into your game visit www.TrackMan.dk
March 30, 2012Posted by on
Here is a great example of what I’ve been talking about in how important a player knowledge or understanding is. Specifically one that focuses around the ability to control a golf ball. After reading this I’m pretty sure you’ll see the light on why TrackMan Golf is such an important tool in ones ability to improve as a golfer. First and foremost it provides golfers quantifiable data and helps sets goals for a golfer to strive for, based specifically on the skills they need improvement on. The quantifiable data I’m referring to is club path, face angle and plenty more that TrackMan is able to collect as well as store. So going back after a few sessions to see improvement is easy.
Every golfer I’ve meet wants to improve their scores. They should for that matter since that is what we all are truly being judged on. Unfortunately, they really don’t have an exact plan in place or really know how to practice effectively. So they set themselves on a journey searching for the perfect golf swing based on variables that differ from golfer to golfer. That in my eyes really sets them up to hit a significant roadblock in their golf improvement. If they would learn the essential skills necessary to create consistency in their swing, then the roadblock would be lifted and better golf scores would most certainly be in their future.
TrackMan Golf is the best golf swing analysis software available to coaches and golfers to use. Getting a true golf swing evaluation on your current ball flight and golf swing will certainly shed some light on what is going on at the most important aspect of the golf swing, the moment of impact. Having a coach that can measure the science behind the impact collision sets what is real and feel off and running in the same direction. Right now, I see them very far apart from one another in too many golfers. Even Tiger Woods, who is the best player to ever have played the game really didn’t know what really happens at the moment of truth (see video below and watch it for yourself). Now that he has learned it and has work with Sean Foley on TrackMan, his ball striking at Bay Hill over the weekend was nothing short of amazing. Especially on such difficult conditions the course provided the players on Sunday’s final round. When was the last time Tiger hit the ball as consistent as he did? I’m a big fan of him and don’t recall him ever being #1 in Total Driving. I remember him hitting it pretty far but never a straight hitter. I personally think that having a coach who uses TrackMan with him has certainly helped that part of Tiger’s game. So take the time just like Tiger has and understand what the golf balls reacts too and start hitting the golf ball like never before.
March 13, 2012Posted by on
Better players understand the importance of making more putts and how it directly affects your ability to score. The unfortunate things is that a majority of golfers don’t really work on or really try to improve their putting skills. I call them putting skills because in putting, there are various skills golfers have to learn to dramatically improve their ball control skills. Putting does involve more then just having good a putting stroke.
The golfers who have the ability to control the their golf ball on the putting green is usually the one who is extremely hard to beat. That is because more shots are taken on the green with that one club then any other club. Since there isn’t another club in the bag that gets that used much, golfers main focus should be a ensuring the have the essential skills related to mastering the putting green.
Let’s take a look at Tiger Woods for instance. Before I get into that everyone should know that he is by far and away my favorite golfer and this is not going to be a bashing session. For years he has been known for his uncanny ability to make the big putt. The one who normally destroys competitors hopes on the putting green. Now for the last two years his ability to make putts has changed. The routine putts he used to make with his eyes closed, now can’t seem to find the bottom of the hole. What has changed is that he now hits more fairways (4th), GIR (8th) but the one that really matters has slipped dramatically, putts gained per round. He now is ranked 178th on tour.
If putting means so much to how a golfers will score, then why isn’t it that more golfers spend more time on improving those skills? Why is it that golfers fall into the manufactures trap of buying the latest and greatest driver promoting distance? Why don’t golfers seek out professionals that understand the ins and outs of putting? The only thing that I can figure is that golfers truly don’t care about their score but only about how far they hit the golf ball. Maybe that is why golfers handicaps haven’t changed over the years? They have their priorities in the wrong place and most likely because of what they are always seeing during advertisements.
For those of you who are serious about your game and want to shoot lower scores, then you need to take a long hard look into your performance on the putting green. I know from using stat tracking programs for myself and my students that everyone has some type of deficiency. Finding out exactly what that is will provide you the key to unlocking the scoring barrier that now faces you. See the program that will start to transform your game www.dennissalesgolf.com/AimPoint.aspx